Avon Maitland Schools Canada – come for the education, stay for the experience!

This page tells you how to begin your stay with Avon Maitland Schools Canada.

Admission Criteria

Acceptance into an Avon Maitland School for our International Student studies program and placement is determined by the following criteria:

  • The student’s educational background and current academic standing as indicated in their transcripts
  • The availability of space in our International Student Programs
  • The presentation of required documentation. Most students must apply for, and receive, a Study Permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada before leaving their home country to attend a school in Canada. Guidelines and an application form can be found on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website, Canadian Embassy, High Commission, or Consulate in your home country
  • Contact should be made with the Canadian Visa Office in the student applicant’s home country to see if any additional forms or additional documents are required
  • There is no minimum requirement for English, as our comprehensive English as a Second Language program is included in the fees. Also, the program is designed for each student individually based on their needs. 

The Process

  • We strongly recommend that you ask one of our local Education Recruitment Agency Partners to help you with your application. If you would like the contact information for an Agency in your area, please email us at [email protected]
  • If you need Homestay Services, complete that section of the online application
  • Indicate on the application whether you need Guardme Medical Insurance
  • Arrange for original or notarized copies of your transcript from the current and previous year. Please make sure they are translated into English.
  • Immunization information and requirements must be medically validated
  • After receiving your Letter of Acceptance and Notarized Custodianship Declaration Documents, apply for a Study Permit from Canadian Citizenship and Immigration
  • Contact the Canadian Embassy, High Commission, Consulate or Canadian Visa application Centre in your home country for a study permit. Visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website for more information.