Avon Maitland Schools Canada – Come for the education! Stay for the experience!

This page will provide an overview of the process involved to begin your stay with Avon Maitland Schools Canada.

Admission Criteria

Acceptance into an Avon Maitland School for our International Student studies program and placement will be determined by the following criteria:

  • The student’s educational background and current academic standing as indicated in their transcripts
  • The availability of space in the Avon Maitland’s International Student Programs
  • Presentation of required documentation. Most students must apply for, and receive, a Study Permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada before leaving their home country to attend a school in Canada. Guidelines and an application form can be found on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website, Canadian Embassy, High Commission, or Consulate in your home country.
  • Contact should be made with the Canadian Visa Office in the student applicant’s home country to see if any additional forms or additional documents are required.
  • There is no minimum requirement for English as our comprehensive English as a Second Language program is included in the fees and and the program is designed for each student individually based on their needs.

The Process

  • We strongly recommend that you engage with one of our local Education Recruitment Agency Partners to assist you with your application. If you would like the contact information for an Agency in your area please contact us by email to
  • If Homestay Services are required complete that section of the online application.
  • Indicate on the Application the requirement for Medical Insurance.
  • Arrange for original or notarized copies of transcript from current and previous year translated into English
  • Medically validated immunization information and requirements
  • Academic Student Arrival Information shared with Homestay Services
  • Apply for a Study Permit from Canadian Citizenship and Immigration following receipt of Letter of Acceptance and Notarized Custodianship Declaration Documents
  • Contact Canadian Embassy, High Commission, Consulate or Canadian Visa Application Centre or visit in your home country for study permit or visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada