Our homestay is unique because unlike many programs, we run our own homestay program. We use the profiles provided to match our international students with our local families. This allows students to be immersed in our communities where they enjoy a customized local cultural experience. Our homestay families provide a welcoming home and family atmosphere. Our coordinators, who live in these communities, guide students in their academic studies, introduce them to local students and encourage them to join after-school activities. They help students adjust to life in a new land and ensure homestay parents are informed of their progress on a regular basis. Our homestay families create a home away from home for our international students!
Why Choose Avon Maitland Schools?
- International and Canadian students are provided with the opportunity to share academic, social, cultural and recreational activities
- Our commitment to academic progress and social and emotional well-being of each student: They matter!
- Customized short-term programs created in consultation with clients
- Personalized academic and social support services
- Safe, caring communities of low risk
- Nurturing home stays and guardianship services
- Support in a variety of languages, including French, Spanish, and Portuguese, when needed
- Our belief that every international student requires support and guidance in order to succeed